Employment Supports assists Newcomers to Canada to find employment commensurate with their skills and education. A range of activities are available to provide information, and help Newcomers develop skills, make informed decisions and foster connections that they need to seek employment or pursue career pathways.
These activities include:
- Assessment, Information and Referral Services
- Job Search Workshops
- Mock Interviews
- Resume Critique
- Job Fairs
- Networking Events
- Information Sessions on Employment Topics
The Job Search Workshops (JSW) program offers pre-employment training to newcomers and assists them in gaining knowledge and skills to better understand strategies, business perspectives, and next steps relating to the job search process.
JSW Offers You:
- Thorough needs assessment by trained assessors
- Pre-employment workshops conducted in a computerized environment
- Specialists who understand the job search needs of newcomers
- Personalized action plans
- A supportive environment in which to learn about job search strategies and Canadian business perspectives
- 1-on-1 job search coaching
Program Locations and Times:
Employment Supports activities are available at all HMC locations
Sessions are delivered during the day Monday to Friday, as well as in the evenings and Saturdays.
Employment Supports participants must be landed immigrants, convention refugees, live-in caregivers, or persons to whom Canada intends to grant permanent residence. Canadian citizens are not eligible. Participants should be able to communicate in the English language.
To learn more about Job Search Workshop please contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org | (905) 842 – 2486 | (905) 864 – 6565| (905) 257 -1555
If you are a Health Care professional, please visit the Career Accelerator Program for International Medical Graduates for Specialized services.