Due to the Corona Virus (COVID 19)
Please be aware that all HMC offices will be closed to the public until June 2020. At this time all public events and meetings are cancelled.
HMC is offering services virtually online, by phone and by email.
Halton Multicultural Council (HMC Connections) is OPEN (virtually) and serving the community through phone, email and video conferencing. We serve newcomers and provide a full range of settlement, information and orientation services.
Our business hours are 9 AM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday, evening hours are available by appointment.
Please call us at (905) 842-2486 and dial 0 to speak to someone about a phone or video appointment. We also have an online chat on our website at www.hmcconnections.com which is live during our business hours.
Our dedicated teams of experienced and passionate staff work hard to fulfill HMC’s mission is to help newcomers settle and integrate into a welcoming and inclusive community. All of our services are available online including:
- English language classes (LINC),
- employment supports,
- adult, youth and senior groups and programs,
- transitional housing,
- crisis management (for newcomers only)
- interpretation and translation.
- In this time of crisis it is easy to feel overwhelmed. If your life is in danger please call 911.
- For income support assistance, information will be coming shortly from the government.
- If you are in need of crisis support please contact COAST at 1-877-825-9011, or if this is an emergency please dial 911. For a complete listing of Mental Health supports available in the community please visit: https://halton.cmha.ca/your-health/finding-help/
- For any settlement issues, please call or email below and we will get back to you as quickly as we can.
- There will basic chat and referral available on HMC’s website at www.hmcconnections.com.
INTERPRETATION OR TRANSLATION
- email email@example.com or
- call to leave a message at 905-842-2486 Ext. 256.
- Emergency services only 647-223-0087 (fire, school, hospital, medical, police)
- Interpretation/Translation urgent services – 905-616-1223 – monitored only during business hours.
Your safety is our priority. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Wishing you and your family good health!
More about our services – here