Meet with one of our Settlement Specialists and get the information you need to make the right decisions for you and your family’s new life in Canada. For most services at HMC we recommend that you meet with a Settlement Specialist who will refer you to other programs (employment, mentors, language, etc.). Your first appointment can be in person at our office, online or by phone if you prefer – and we also have evening hours if that is easier.
You can book an appointment in any of the following ways:
- Call us to book an appointment at 905-842-2486 and press zero to speak to our Admin team;
- Email us at email@example.com;
- Book an appointment below with our calendar (for more times or evening hours please email or call).
We speak your language! Our Settlement Specialist speak the following languages: Arabic, Spanish, Tagalog, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Romanian, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, French, Russian, German, Pashtu – Dari, Farsi – Persian. If you need one of these languages please email us with your language in the subject line and a Settlement Specialist will get back to your shortly.
HMC also offers Commissioner of Oaths services – click here for more information.
Commissioner of Oaths
A Commissioner of Oaths is an individual who is authorized by law to witness signatures for certain documents such as affidavits and statutory declarations. In order to have a document to be commissioned, it cannot be signed until the Commissioner is present and witnessing your signature. All parties required to sign the document must be present and must provide valid photo identification.
HMC has seven Commissioner of Oaths who can provide free assistance with signing declarations regarding:
- Residency in Ontario
- Legal name change and birth name correction
- Invitation letter for parent and family members to visit Canada
- Parental consent for children travelling abroad
- Identify declaration as per request of the requesting body/organization
- Proof of Life
- Certifying copies of:
- Birth certificate
- Permanent resident card
- Canadian citizenship certificate
- Foreign university and college diplomas
Please note: Translated documents cannot be commissioned. Wills and other legal documents cannot be commissioned. HMC does not provide legal advice of any kind.
Request an Appointment
Use the form below to request an appointment for consultation with one of our Settlement Specialists.