Let us assist you with finding a job in healthcare.
Healthcare Connect (HC) for Internationally educated healthcare professionals is funded by Employment and Social Development of Canada (ESDC).
The program will help Internationally educated healthcare professionals (IEHPs) gain Canadian work experience in the health care environment with a focus on establishing long-term sustainable employment in their field of study. To qualify for the supports in this program you must have an international health care degree, reside in Ontario (with a valid permanent status), been in Canada for less than 5 years, and have a level of English at CLB 7 or higher.
A range of activities are available to provide information and help IEHPs make informed decisions, foster connections and pursue alternative career pathways:
- Paid placements in the health care field to get your career in Canada moving.
- Career assessment and clarification of health care career pathways in Canada.
- Workshops that will introduce you to the Canadian work place’s culture, norms and practices as well as help with setting up your resume, cover letter, interviewing preparation and job search techniques.
- Job Fairs and networking opportunities.
- Groups on professional topics with access to mentors who are professionals in your field.
- Sessions on Canadian workplace communications skills and language specific to broader healthcare settings in Canada
- Post-hire support – job retention and business communication
Watch this short video to learn more about the program!
For Health Care Employers
- Provides healthcare organizations access to internationally trained professionals to meet their staffing requirements and retain a competitive advantage in an ever-changing economic environment.
- Offers subsidy for first 3 months of paid job deployment/35 hours per week, coaching and mentoring sessions.
- Candidates are screened for language and other workplace soft skills to ensure and facilitate their successful integration in the Canadian workforce.