Let us assist you with finding a job in healthcare.
HMC Healthcare Connect (HC) for Internationally educated healthcare professionals is funded by the Employment and Social Development of Canada (ESDC).
To qualify for the support in this program you must have an international health care degree, reside in Ontario (with a valid permanent status), landing date within 7 years, and have a level of English at CLB 4 or higher. The program assists Ukrainians with special permits who meet the program eligibility criteria.
A range of activities are available to provide information and help IEHPs make informed decisions, foster connections and pursue alternative career pathways:
- Free micro credentials certifications for qualifying individuals
- Subsidized paid placements in the health care field to get your career in Canada moving.
- Career assessment and clarification of health care career pathways in Canada.
- Job Fairs and networking opportunities.
- Groups on professional topics with access to mentors who are professionals in your field.
- Sessions on Canadian workplace communications skills and language specific to broader healthcare settings in Canada
- Post-hire support – job retention and business communication
- Provides healthcare organizations access to internationally trained professionals to meet their staffing requirements and retain a competitive advantage in an ever-changing economic environment.
- Offers subsidy for first 3 months of paid job deployment/35 hours per week, coaching and mentoring sessions.
- Candidates are screened for language and other workplace soft skills to ensure and facilitate their successful integration in the Canadian workforce.