Community Volunteer Income Tax Program Taxpayer Disclaimer
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Halton Multicultural Council Connections. HMC will host an online tax preparation clinic and arrange for volunteers to prepare income tax and benefit returns for eligible individuals, who are unable to prepare their returns.
- CVITP volunteer would only provide assistance with the completion of my personal income tax return forms, based on the information I provide. Volunteers will prepare and file basic income tax returns for eligible tax payers in accordance with CRA guidelines, using the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program tax software provided.
- CVITP Volunteers and HMC do not retain any records with respect to my income tax file. I authorize the CVITP to access my personal information through the Canada Revenue Agency on my behalf. However, volunteers and HMC cannot assist me with any matters concerning my Income Tax Return.
- I am fully aware that my income tax and benefit return is being prepared by a Volunteer under the Community Volunteer Income Tax program and that this volunteer is not acting as an agent of the Canada Revenue Agency. The tax return will be e-filed and the tax summary will be e-mailed.
- I declare that the information provided the income reported are correct and complete, and fully discloses my income from all sources.
- CVITP and Halton Multicultural Council are not liable for any errors/omissions or missing information.
- If my income tax return requires changes after it has been submitted or if I have any questions about my income tax return, such as the status of my Notice of Assessment, I will contact Canada Revenue Agency general Enquiries directly at 1-800-959-8281.
- This information is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used or relied upon, by any individual for the purpose of avoiding legal obligations or tax penalties. Individual should seek advice based on the individual’s particular circumstances from an independent tax or legal advisor, should they choose too. In addition, HMC Connections disclaims any responsibility or liability related to client’s providing their information to any third party organizations or persons.