Part-time hours: 21- 28 per week
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
Full Job Description
A medical Clinic is looking for Physician’s Assistant who can work with family physicians.
Under the direction and supervision of registered Physicians and in accordance with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s (CPSO) Delegation on Controlled Acts policy, the Physician Assistant provides medical care to patients based on mutually agreed upon guidelines.
Responsibilities may include conducting patient interviews and histories, performing examinations, providing counseling on preventative care and other specific clinical tasks, including, but not limited to, data gathering, consultation with caregivers, ordering medical investigations, and providing patient treatment based on medical directives.
The supervising physician is responsible for the medical care provided to the patient by the PA and can only delegate medical acts that are within their own scope of clinical practice. The PA is not an autonomous health care provider and cannot act as the principal medical decision maker.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing primary care services to patients including acute and chronic disease management, preventative care, and well-woman and well child visits
- Performing certain acts under medical directives, delegated by the physicians
- Educating patients on health promotion and disease prevention
- Referrals to allied health professionals, for services outside of the Physician Assistant’s scope of practice, and
- Performing other duties within the competencies of a Physician’s Assistant
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be fluent in English with Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation and typing skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
IMG who wrote NAC OSCE or MCCQE1 exams