Career Accelerator Program for Highly Skilled Internationally Trained Healthcare Professionals
Career Accelerator Program (CAP) for Internationally Trained Healthcare Professionals is funded by Employment and Social Development of Canada (ESDC).
Amidst COVID-19 situation, CAP will ensure the successful integration of Highly Skilled Internationally Trained Healthcare Professionals (HSITHPs) into the Canadian labour market and maintain the future demands of the health and social service sectors (such as physician assistance, ultrasound technician, pharmacy assistant, etc.).
The program will facilitate Canadian work experience for HSITHPs with a focus on establishing long-term sustainable employment in their field of study.
A range of activities are available to provide information and help HSITHPs develop skills, make informed decisions, foster connections to seek employment and pursue alternative career pathways.
Watch this Short Video to learn more about the program
To register for CAP Click Here and fill the registration form
- Permanent Residents, Convention Refugees or Refugee Claimants With Valid Work Permit
- CLB 7 or higher
- International Healthcare Degree
- Subsidized Job Opportunities
- One-to-One Career Assessment
- Personalized Action Plans
- Facilitating Employment Pathways
- IMG Study Groups
- Effective job readiness workshops including soft skills, Resume, Cover letter, Interview Skills &
Strategies, Canadian Work Place Culture, Norms & Practices
- Job Fairs
- Access to mentors who are professionals in your field
- Career Pathways and Job Search Action Planning
- Invitations to attend recruitment and networking events
- Develop Canadian workplace communications skills specific to broader healthcare settings in Canada
- Post-hire support – job retention and business communication
- Provides healthcare organizations access to internationally trained professionals to meet their staffing requirements and retain a competitive advantage in an ever-changing economic environment.
- Offers subsidy for first 12-week of paid job deployment/35 hours per week, coaching and mentoring sessions.
- The initiative will offset the payroll cost of successfully hired IEHP by 50% after completion of the first 12 weeks of the job deployment.
- Candidates are screened for language and other workplace soft skills to ensure and facilitate their successful integration in the Canadian workforce.
For further inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org