Book an appointment for a free consultation at 905-842-2486 or email

Settlement Specialists know our community and can help you get the information you need to make good decisions about your life in Canada.

Let us help you:

  • Understand life in Canada and how to get active and involved.
  • Navigate government services and supports at the federal, provincial and municipal levels
  • Assist with your immigration process
  • Guide you with counselling or crisis counselling if life gets complicated.
  • Receive information on local resources and referrals to needed social services.
  • Understand school life in Canada including academic pathways and school norms and requirements – we have Settlement Specialists in the schools as well ready to help!
  • Get referrals and recommendations for other community services that can help you thrive in Canada.

We know your language!  Our Settlement Specialists speak the following languages: Arabic, Cantonese, Farsi–Persian, French, German, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Pashtu–Dari, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Urdu and Ukrainian.

HMC also offers Commissioner of Oaths services – Click Here for more information.

Commissioner of Oaths

A Commissioner of Oaths is an individual who is authorized by law to witness signatures for certain documents such as affidavits and statutory declarations. In order to have a document to be commissioned, it cannot be signed until the Commissioner is present and witnessing your signature. All parties required to sign the document must be present and must provide valid photo identification.

HMC has seven Commissioner of Oaths who can provide free assistance with signing declarations regarding:

  • Residency in Ontario
  • Legal name change and birth name correction
  • Invitation letter for parent and family members to visit Canada
  • Parental consent for children travelling abroad
  • Identify declaration as per request of the requesting body/organization
  • Proof of Life
  • Certifying copies of:
    • Passport
    • Birth certificate
    • Permanent resident card
    • Canadian citizenship certificate
    • Foreign university and college diplomas

Please note:  Translated documents cannot be commissioned.  Wills and other legal documents cannot be commissioned.  HMC does not provide legal advice of any kind.

Commissioners of Oath Services are offered at no cost by appointment only.

For more information or to book an appointment, please contact:

Norma Prado (Oakville) or 905-842-2486 ext. 221

Samantha Wijetillake (Milton) or 905-842-2486 ext. 281