Where to get help in Halton
- For information and referral to community services in Halton, dial 211 for community information.
- For access to regional and local municipalities in Halton, dial 311 for Halton Government Services.
- For police, fire or medical Emergencies, dial 911 for Emergency services.
Help for Ukrainian Nationals
- Apply for emergency assistance | ontario.ca
- Apply for OHIP and get a health card | ontario.ca
- Home (ukrainetakeshelter.com)
- Home – The Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) official website
- Jobs for Ukraine – Job Bank
- Job Search Canada | Indeed
- Ontario universities | ontario.ca
- Second Career Program
- Transition Child Benefit | ontario.ca
- Mentor & Support Ukrainian Newcomers
- Canada Child Tax Benefit
- Halton child Care resources
- Halton Children Aid Society
- Reach out Centre for Kids(ROCK)
- Safetynet children & Youth Charities
- Halton District School Board
- Halton Catholic School Board
- Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education
- Bridging Projects
- Canadian university and college resource
- OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Alternative Carrier Options for Internationally Educated Healthcare Professionals
- Acces Employment. Healthcare connections
- How to pass your car or truck road test with great confidence?
Financial Assistance/Social Services
- Ontario Works – 311 or 905-825-6000
- Ontario Disability Support Program(ODSP) – 905-637-4500
- Trillium Drug Assistance Program – 1-800-575-5386
Forms and Government
- Burlington Tenants Rights.
- Forms on immigration, work permits, etc.
- Information on workplace standards, employment insurance, starting a new business
- Information on housing, tenants’ rights
- Welcome to Halton – Newcomer Portal – this site gives general information about Halton and resources in the community.
- Halton Community Service Database – up-to-date information on all local community services.
- Settlement information for Ontario – this is an excellent resource for general settlement information.
- Social support for older adults in Halton – a useful resource that supports Halton’s adults aged 55+, free of cost
- Find a doctor
- Halton Family Services
- Halton Public Health
- Halton support Services for people with Development Disabilities
- Financial Assistance for Dental Treatment
- Halton Physicians Accepting New Patients
- Multi Specialty walk in clinic
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Talk to a doctor from anywhere. Meira care can help you
HMC Resources, Policies and Information
Language and Credential Assessment
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada(ICAS)
- Comparative Education Service(CES)
- Center for Canadian Language Benchmark
- Instruction for Newcomers to Canada(LINC)
- Halton Community Legal Services
- Family Law Information Centres(FLICs)
- Steps to justice: www.cleo.on.ca / www.stepstojustice.ca
- Find a MeetUp Group near you
- Toastmasters (practise your public speaking and make new contacts)
- Directory of events through Eventbrite
Service Canada Information
- Canada Revenue agency
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers tax laws for the Government of Canada and for most provinces and territories, and administers various social and economic benefit and incentive programs delivered through the tax system.
- Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System
- Preparing your income tax and benefit return
- Settlement.org (this is an excellent resource for general settlement information)
- Halton Region Chinese Canadian Association
- Afghan Association of Ontario
- Canadian Indian Association
- Syrian Arab Association of Canada
- Canadian Pakistani Association of Halton
- Halton Islamic Association
- Halton Sikh Cultural Association
- Churches in Halton
Stay Safe – Covid-19!
- At HMC Connections, face-to-face appointments will only be scheduled if essential and will follow COVID-19 screening processes